Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time Is Running Out, Only 24 Hours Left


So I have been up since 3 am this morning.  The Husband came home just before 3, he was at the office making the changes to the website so we can go live in time for Blissdom.  I was awake for some odd reason and chatted with him a minute as he got ready for bed.  He pulled up the work that he'd done on his iphone.  The commercial was officially on the homepage, and it looked so great!

He is constructing the site on another url so we can play with it and work out the bugs before we go live and replace the current site at www.babyoutfitter.com.  I can't begin to tell you what a HUGE improvement this new site is over the one we are getting ready to replace.  It is so bright, modern and cheerful.  I hope the customers love it as much as we do.  


I was so excited.  He was so tired.  I decided I'd get up and see what I could accomplish.  I put a load of laundry in, and headed downstairs.  I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, sorted and purged about 18 lbs of paperwork that had piled up on our counter and cleaned off the desk in his man cave (it was BAD).  The Husband is certainly not as organized as I am.  Of course, what man IS organized.  I don't know many.


I guess I'm just a tad bit worried about getting up so ridiculously early.  I only have today left to get ready for Blissdom.  I need to find outfits in my closet or shop for some.  I need to pick "comfy" shoes, they say that's key.  I need to shop for groceries so the kiddos have food while we're gone.  Yikes...


However, clearly I'm going to hit a wall at some point today and be crazy tired. The ideas I had about being prepared and looking fabulous are going to be challenged by my lack of sleep and impending sack out.  Why does this always happen the day before some big event in my life.  It's actually pretty funny, because it DOES always happen.  I guess at this point I should see it coming and prepare, or make different choices - like 4 advil PMs.  But at this point, obviously I'm not that bright.

Oh and to add to the madness the pilot light is out.  I don't know how to light it and I need to get a shower.  I have a BIG day ahead of me.  I can't go to work all stank-ified.  But, I am certainly NOT taking a cold shower.  Wait.  Come to think of it, THIS happens everytime, too.  Holy Cow! I'm not kidding.  It's like a series of unfortunate events....greg stays up late for some reason and I think WTH why does he stay up late the night before we have something BIG (this time it was for me so I'll overlook that), I can't sleep and end up getting up way too early and start playing catch-up, then I go to shower and BRRRR!

Funny the stuff life throws at you, especially when you put stuff off 'til the last minute...or 24 hours in my case.  

(photo credit: istockphoto.com/LanceB)

0 comments:

Post a Comment